Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pancakes for Breakfast


Today's prompt is to share a recipe that you make during the school year. Well, unfortunately I don't have a crock pot, so there goes those bonus points. BUT I get bonus points for being a Really Nice Teacher! Everyone loves...
Chocolate Chip Pancakes!

We had a week or so on "How To" writing last year and the other classes chose vegetable soup or the like. One of my FAVORITE wordless picture books is:
So we made pancakes! In the morning we read this book and put together the ingredients. There is a recipe inside that I wish I could show you, but I can't find an image. I believe it uses baking powder, which does give the pancake a little lift, but no baking soda so it doesn't get the bubbles going before then. The pancake is definitely not the best-tasting and comes out a little flat, but it was really important to me to follow the recipe with the children EXACTLY. To compensate, I shared how my mom used to make me chocolate chip pancakes and we agreed to add some. The mini-chips, please! That's how mom used to make 'em. :)

When the children when to Enrichment (Specials, Block, what have you) I cooked up the pancakes and served them for snack! Only ONE kiddo decided he didn't want one, and that was pretty typical of him.

Mmm... pancakes sound good today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top